Thankful

My exercise in giving thanks has begun and my pen was busy this week noting various things that came to mind throughout my day. Many of those things had to do with fall. We have found Tennessee to be gorgeous this time of year.

Some gifts I wrote down.

*cool weather
*beautiful fall leaves so bright
*mist over the field in the morning
*red maple leaves
*rainy days that water

We've found an endless array of activities to enjoy here. Fun abounds.

*fall festival outing
*shopping for pumpkins
*decorating house for fall

The girls and I love to bake together and pumpkin muffins are one of my favorites. I picked up some pumpkins at Trader Joe's and baked them. It's something I find much more satisfying than just opening up a can of pumpkin.

*cooked pumpkin
*pumpkin soup with a hint of nutmeg
*warm muffins
*roasted pumpkin seeds, salty good.

This already is quite an exercise in building faith. I look back over what I've written and feel my heart fill with joy. So many things. So richly blessed. So undeserving. I see all that I have, how much God has graced me with blessings. I focus there. And not on how I want my toddler to stop screaming and fussing. How I'm frustrated by school lessons. I see my heart resting on beauty.

*the sound of my girls laughing
*my big girl who vacuums
*healthy daughters
*my mom who does dishes for me
*food to feed my family
*teaching my girls
*hot tea
*nice neighbors
*sleep
*a night out with Dave

It's just a taste of what has been written down in my "one thousand things" book this week.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP