Tick

It seems we talk a lot about bugs around here. Yes, it's true. Amazingly enough, however, we have yet to see any deer ticks...until tonight that is. The girls were playing outside today as usual and in the afternoon I turned on the sprinkler to cool them off. It was around 9:45pm when everyone was finally tucked in bed and asleep (Addie took a long time as she was especially fussy tonight). Well, I thought everyone was asleep. Around 10:30 Selah came downstairs to start to tell me about this monster with 2 big eyes that she thought was in her room. As I leaned over to pick her up, I noticed something on her belly. Yep, an itsy bitsy tick, which I figured was a deer tick. I called Dave who was out with some friends and asked if he could come home. We talked with some experts in extracting deer ticks so we knew what to do. As Selah heard me talking on the phone she started to flip out and cry. When I got off we had a little talk while waiting for Daddy to come home:

S: (crying) Mommy, I don't want to go to the doctor...I don't want to! What is he going to do? Will it hurt?
M: You see that little bitty bug? Well, Daddy is going to come home and take him off for you. Then we have to take him to the doctor because he might be sick. And if the doctor tells us that he is sick then you might have his sickness. So, he'll give us some medicine for you.
S: Oh. So, the little bug will go to the doctors?
M: Yes. That little bug is called a "tick."
S: And he might have a sickness?
M: Yes.
S: Poor little guy!

Gotta love her love for bugs! Even extends to ticks.

Later when Dave arrived home she told him all about this little "pick" (as she called it) and that he might have a "sn"-ickness (her word for sickness). She told him she might get it, but it's ok cause the doctor will give her medicine. She had the whole plan worked out of going to bed, waking up in the morning, eating dinner (what she calls every meal), then taking him to the doctor. She told me right before we put her back to bed that she wanted to take a picture of the little "pick" in the morning.

How I love this little girl of mine! And we'll be praying this little "pick" tests negative for Lyme's.

Jonalee  – (12:06 PM)  

what a cutie she is! love her little mispronunciations.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP