One huge moth

One of the things I love about our home (and I think Selah would heartily agree) is that it's on a piece of property that is just crawling with nature...literally. Selah manages to discover and find new bugs and critters every day.


Two days ago, she walked in with a moth that looked like, as Dave put it, a mouse with wings. The thing was HUGE! And it was fuzzy. She happily put it in a bag, but then let it go. Then yesterday she just happens to find it again (I keep telling myself that it was the same one and our yard is not infested with these things!) and this time held it in her bare hands, petting it, with admiration. Earlier I had cautioned her against holding it, saying I'm not sure what it would do. Then moments later comes running in with excitement to tell me, "Mom the moth is a nice moth. I put him in my hand and he didn't bite. He's a nice guy."



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP