Grocery store adventure

Before I forget (which I do A LOT of these days) I wanted to write down something I did yesterday. Sleep deprivation makes me do very weird and forgetful things.

So, desperately needing to get out to the grocery store (and wanting to go alone to make it quick and easy) I leave about 7:30. Dave stays with 3 tired and fussy girls. By 7:30pm I am usually too tired to be good for anything these days, but given I had the time, I got out to get some food. First decision was where to go...I was almost overwhelmed with just that one decision, given the many options..Costco, H-Mart, Whole Foods... Dave had to stop and take a minute to draw me out and literally tell me where to go cause my mind couldn't process that one!

I make it to the produce aisle and start loading my cart. Next thing I know, I'm on my way to the next aisle over, grab a few things and go to the next. At this point, I look down and things look a little funny and, well, unfamiliar. I recognize the 2 things I just put in the cart, but where are my mangos...and my purse??? I quickly realized I had up and left the produce aisle with someone else's cart. Horrified I quickly make my way back over, trying to look cool, collected and eyeing things like I was trying to figure out what I needed next. I spot MY cart and nonchalantly try to take the few things out of the cart I stole and mosey on over to my cart, put them in and make a beeline out of the produce section. I didn't dare want the person's cart I stole to catch me!! Poor person though...they must have been looking all over for their cart (and there were quite a few things in it) and thought they were going crazy, while all along, I AM the one going crazy!! So sorry poor person, whoever you are!

So, that's my little adventure at the grocery store. The sad thing is I have other stories too, like leaving frozen chicken in my hot van for over 2 hours on Tuesday. Oh well. But, the fact is I know one day I will look back on this season and forget all this and just remember how cute my little Addie was and how fast the season came and went. One day she will no longer be waking up every 1-3 hours at night...and before I know it she'll be running around with all the other kids. So, while I can, may I seek to enjoy her little baby cuteness, while it lasts, however tired I may be.

Alisha O'Halloran  – (9:27 AM)  

Oh Heather! This sounded so much like me!!! It is so nice to know I am not the only one!!! Love you!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP