Selah snapshots

(Heather)...Today Selah informed me, "Mom, I want to go to Hawaii." After telling her that it costs a lot of money to go there she said, "Well, a fairy could come and make us really tiny and we could go on a toy plane. That would work mom." If only it would!!!

(Dave)...Did any of you see the Esther play at CLS this year? I took both of them on a daddy/daughter date and have to admit that it was one of the best produced shows I remember seeing at the school. The girls absolutely loved it. I thought to myself (about 15 minutes into the show) that there is no way you could have gotten a boy of the same age to sit through more than 15 minutes. You will have to have seen it to appreciate this story though.

So the girls favorite characters, in this order, were Vashti and Esther. I was grateful for the intermission so that I could hear them saying Vashti's name over and over again they way they translated it. They called her "Mashy." I asked them who Mashy was and they provided me with her other name: the red girl.

The other day Selah went into her room for her pajamas and still had the blanket from her bath on her head--that kind of blanket with the little bear cub hat and ears on one corner to fit snug on her head. When I walked in she was spinning around and around with the towel anchored to her head and the towel "twirling" in front of her singing...

"...cuz I am Mashy... the great girl Mashy! ...yes I am Mashy, the great girl Mashy!"

C.  – (8:03 PM)  

Aw. Thank heaven for little girls.

C.  – (8:08 PM)  

Thank Heaven for Little Girls!

Lola  – (8:14 PM)  

Keep the stories comin'!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP