Happy Birthday, Dave!

I'm a day late, I know. It was actually yesterday. But wanted to honor my wonderful husband nonetheless.

We had a very low key day yesterday, which was so nice. Everyone slept in and we woke up and showered Daddy with cards and a few gifts. After that we had a leisurely breakfast of good 'ole oatmeal with blueberries (actually Selah's favorite...she convinced Dave that's what he wanted to have, saying it will make him big and strong :).

One of Dave's gifts was a Wii game. He recently purchased a used Wii set off of a friend and has already enjoyed playing with the girls. So, they spent some time downstairs playing.

Later in the morning, my mom came and brought Dave a gift and then picked Mckenna up for her "birthday date with Nani." Every grandkid gets a special date with Nani around the time of their birthday. She takes them to a toy store, lets them pick out a gift and then they get to go and spend the night at her house. So, for the rest of the day it was just Selah, Dave and I. Actually, Dave ended up going to a wedding midday. His sister's best friend, Crystal Williams, got married and he was able to be there for it.

Later in the evening, the 3 of us went out to Golf Galaxy. Dave has had a gift card to this store for about 2 years and had yet to use it. He had a great time talking with a salesman, trying out different golf clubs and ultimately purchasing a new "used" set. It was fun to watch - he was like a little kid in a candy store! And he commented that it was the highlight of his day. So glad he got to do that. Afterwards, we went and grabbed some dinner at La Madeleine's.

Tonight we had dinner with our neighbor's, the Reynolds, and celebrated once again with a cake and candles and sang to Dave (a birthday is not complete without cake and candles!).

So that, in a nutshell, was Dave's birthday weekend. It was a treat to have his birthday fall on a weekend so we could spend it with him!

Dave, it is such an honor and privilege for me to be your wife. This past year has, in so many ways, been a test of your faith and leadership of your family. You have born the challenges well and I have seen you grow leaps and bounds. In my struggles, you have come alongside me and gently loved and cared for me. You have preferred my interests above your own and served me in countless ways. You continue to be a strong pillar for me to lean on when I'm weak and a shoulder to cry on when I'm grieving and sad. I cannot imagine having walked through this past year without you by my side. As to being a father, you excel. I love listening to you talk to our girls, play with them and take time to instruct them in God's ways. How they love their Daddy... and I love you more today than ever! Happy Birthday!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP