Caesar salad dressing

Tonight's menu was simply Chicken Caesar Salad. But I wanted to try to make my own dressing. I am not one to usually buy bottled dressing and we usually just use good 'ole olive oil and vinegar. It's cheaper! But that won't do for caesar salad. So, I looked on the internet for a good dressing. It seemed that every one I found had mixed reviews (as does every thing that is reviewed on the web). But after not finding one that seemed just right, I decided to add a little from this recipe and a little from that one. What I came up with, we ended up really enjoying. It was simple and flavorful. So here it is. If you end up trying it and adding an additional ingredient or 2 to spice it up, let me know!

I broke away from the traditional Caesar Salad of just romaine lettuce and added some cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and thin strips of red cabbage.

Caesar Salad Dressing

¾ - 1 cup olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
salt, to taste
Fresh ground pepper, to taste
1 Tbls. Dijon mustard
1 egg, beaten
Juice of 1 lemon
1-2 Tbls. Water, to desired consistency
Dash of Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan, extra to sprinkle on salad

I think there is probably a specific order/way you are supposed to add and mix the ingredients and I think it's preferable to use a blender. But I just added all the ingredients, except the cheese, in a bowl and used a whisk to mix it really well. Then I added the cheese after making a few adjustments and before serving.

Jerusha  – (8:08 PM)  

Yum, wish you had taken a picture. :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP