6 months

Yesterday marked 6 months that we've been missing our little girl. At one point yesterday tears flowed as I considered the degree to which I love my little one and how much I miss her. I tried to imagine what she would be like at 7 months old.

Dave was gone a few nights last week. One of those nights, I watched a movie after I put the girls down, to pass a few hours before going to bed. In this movie a mom is separated from her baby at birth. The baby's name just happened to be Alivia. The mom lived a good portion of her life without her little one. But at the end of the story, she is reunited with her. As I sat watching this particular scene, I just cried as I considered the day when I'll be reunited with my own Alivia.

I have still been reading Randy Alcorn's book, 50 Days of Heaven. It's hard to put into words how much I have benefited by gaining a better and deeper understanding of what Heaven will be like, particularly the new Heaven. It has left me with a longing for it that I have never had before. So, after watching that movie, I imagined living life in an unblemished, sin-free world, unhindered from fears and evil that is now so real to us. And I imagined enjoying that with Alivia by my side...FOREVER.

"....I’ve walked the valley of death’s shadow
So deep and dark that I could barely breathe
I’ve had to let go of more than I could bear
And I've questioned everything that I believe
But still even here
in this great darkness
A comfort and hope come breaking through
As I can say in life or death
God we belong to you.

It’s all Yours God, Yours God, everything is Yours
From the stars in the sky to the depths of the ocean floor
and it’s all Yours God, Yours God, everything is Yours
You’re the maker and keeper, Father and ruler of everything"

Lyrics added to Steven Curtis Chapman's song, Yours, after losing his daughter

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP