Timely grace

As Mother's Day approaches, I have found myself facing very bittersweet emotions. I've come across reminders of the reality that this day will be with only 2 of my 3 girls. Simply put, it makes my heart sad. I don't think I thought about or even expected these emotions...a few random thoughts and circumstances seemed to bring them on. It's a reminder that this grieving process is a long one and brings waves that are often unseen.

BUT, my heavenly Father knows this and continues to provide amazing, timely grace and mercy for each of these hard days....


Christy, thank you for stopping by with the sweet gift, all wrapped up as only you can do. You continue to amaze me with your thoughtfulness and care. It's hard to put into words how much all the things you've done mean. Ya know, I've wanted an apron just like this! I love it...it's simple, vintage and makes me want to take a trip to Anthropologie.

Jenni, thanks for the timely quote and email this morning. I love the thought that our babes have been ransomed from sin and death. Oh the blessedness of redeeming grace!

"Your parting is not for long. This ruined body will be raised, and all its ravished beauties more than repaired. As for my other loved ones, whom I see exposed to disease and death, I know that death cannot touch them unless my Heavenly Father, who orders everything for me in love and wisdom, sees it best. So that I can trust them, though trembling, to His keeping, and be at peace. Our little one is now a ransomed spirit...this is a hope inexpressible and full of glory. As we feel our deep anguish, our hearts bleed. But as I ask, 'where is the soul whose beams gave clay all its beauty and preciousness?' I triumph. Has it not already begun, with an infant voice, the praises of our Savior? Perhaps one of the loving angels that bore home his spirit has been teaching and training him to heavenly manhood. Perhaps he has been committed to our sainted father, or to my wife's sainted grandmother, as one of their redeemed posterity, to keep and train till we can embrace him again. At any rate, he is in Christ's heavenly house and under His guardian love. Now I feel, as never before, the blessedness of the redeeming grace and divine blood, which have ransomed my poor babe from all the sin and death which he inherited through me."

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP