March 26

The day came and went very quickly, as have the days since then. My dear sister spent most of the day with me and we did what most girls do best - shopped! I needed to get some things for our trip and she was a huge help with making crucial decisions..."this shirt or that one?"

Elizabeth and Helen watched my girls and Ali watched Kels, so we could be together and even have lunch. Thanks so much, friends!

Again, my sweet mom brought me pink roses that evening. And she watched the girls so Dave and I could go out with Joe and Esther for dinner. We had great food (I've discovered that food tastes SO much better when you are with food connoisseurs..and for those who know the Lees, know they are just that!) and great fellowship.

Overall, the day went very well. It is hard for me to believe that Alivia would have been 6 months old. But at the same time, I experienced so much grace this week.

The days since last Thursday have been very busy. I finally decided that I had better get ready for our trip...and that's what I have been doing. It has kept me busy and, for me, that has been a good thing.

Jenni Smith was with me for a good part of Friday. She and Jon also went to Hawaii after they lost Chase. She was able to share some key things with me....everything from where they went, to what they saw, to things that were helpful for her there in her grieving process. I'm so grateful for the time with her and her continued care for me.

Erik and Jerusha were here yesterday giving tips on Hawaii - Erik has taken numerous trips there and knows the Big Island (where we'll be) very well. It helped me get excited for all the wonderful things that we will be able to do and see.

I would be so grateful for continued prayers this week, as I finish up doing a multitude of things to get ready to go, and most of all as I anticipate leaving the girls for a whole week.

Mrs. Ellis  – (8:03 PM)  

I'll be praying for you, my friend! Don and I went to Hawaii for our 25th anniverary and I felt like it was a little taste of Heaven( it is so beautiful)May you and Dave be refreshed ,in God's beauty and His great love for you both!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP