Boo-boos

Selah has had her fair share of boo-boos lately. Today she got a fairly bad one. She and Mckenna had been playing outside. Mckenna came rushing in to announce, with much intensity, that Selah had a boo-boo. I noticed some blood on her big toe, but she really was not crying at all. I gave the sympathetic "aww...you ok?" Mckenna quickly went to action and announced that she would take care of Selah and went off to get her a bandaid. I continued what I was doing. Before long, I found Selah all wrapped up in the living room. Mckenna had nestled her on the sofa, covered her with a blanket and put a bandaid on her toe. I even overheard Mckenna praying for Selah as well. After this was done, Mckenna came to me with a little piece of paper with some scribbles on it. She wanted to make a card for Selah and wanted me to write in words what she had wrote in scribbles. This is what she wanted to say:

"I love you. Don't get a boo-boo. I love you. We play always. We love each other."

Many hours later, Selah started to complain about her toe and was fussing for hours that it hurt. I thought I had better take a look. I unwrapped the bandaid only to find out that she must have stubbed her toe outside because half her toenail had broken off. Poor girl!

I love how much Mckenna loves her little sister.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP