A greater wonder

I read this two days ago and could not imagine anything else (besides Scripture, of course) being more applicable to my present struggles and thoughts.

Anticipating the upcoming week (containing another 26th and 2nd) has left me just wanting to be delivered from this trial, to not have to fight so hard, to feel the full assurance of my Savior's presence, and to be pregnant again. But it's clear that the Lord obviously desires to work a greater wonder in me by sustaining me through this pain, instead of delivering me out of it. Oh, may His promised grace continue to sustain my heart and life in the days ahead.


"Gold is put into the furnace because it is gold (Prov. 17:3). It is useless to try to refine rubbish there. A first-rate diamond will undergo more cutting than an inferior one. The great Owner of heaven's jewels uses a sharper cutting machine on the most valuable stones. Our King desires that we may have many facets to reflect the glory of His name.

You often think that Jesus does not care because He has not interposed with a great miracle. Gradually, you are getting poorer, or becoming more afflicted in body. You had hoped for a miracle. My dear friend, sometimes God works a greater wonder when He sustains people in trouble than by delivering them. To let bush burn with fire and not be consumed (Ex. 3:2) is a greater thing than quenching the flame and saving the bush.

Possibly, the hard suspicion that Jesus does not care takes another form. I do not ask the Lord to work a miracle, but I do ask Him to cheer my heart and apply the promises to my soul. I want His Spirit to visit me so that my pain may be forgotten in the delight of His presence. I want to feel the full assurance of the Savior's presence, that this present trial will be swallowed up in a far greater weight of joy (2 Cor. 4:17). Yet to my regret, the Lord hides His face, and this makes my trial all the heavier.

What a mercy that you can never sink lower than grace! When you come to your lowest point, God interposes. The tide turns when you reach the full ebb. That darkest part of night is farthest from the rising of sun. Believer, be of good courage." - Spurgeon

Mrs. Ellis  – (7:05 PM)  

Heather: You are a gem in the hand of God, and He is cutting, polishing and refining you more with each passing day...."you are precious in His Sight, You are honored and He loves you"(Isaiah 43:4)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP