Drawings

Mckenna is becoming quite the artist. She just loves to take pencil, marker and paint to paper and come up with adorable masterpieces. We have so enjoyed seeing what she comes up with each times she sits down to draw. I almost feel like I have a window into her little mind and imagination through what she draws.

Just recently she noticed that the ring I wear on my right middle finger has letters on it. She asked me what it said. I told her, "Alivia." She then asked if it helps me to remember her. And then asked if it would helps me not cry as much. A few days after that, she found me crying. I love the way she always comes running over to me, gives me a big hug and holds me tight for a long time. So, this particular time she did that and then said, "mom, I'll go get your ring." I informed her that I had it on and that her hug was helping me so much.

From those interchanges, I think she has come to the conclusion on her own that having things and seeing things about Alivia, helps me. So, she has started to draw pictures of Alivia. She will often bring them to me, saying that I need to keep it close so I can look at them and not be sad. It's so sweet.

Yesterday, I went to get my hair done and Mckenna came along. The lady who does my hair happened to have crayons, pencils and little pieces of blue paper. Mckenna went to work. Before long, she came over to me and showed me these little drawings that she had made. And she explained that they were of Alivia and some with me...so that I won't forget and can remember her. Tears. My sweet, big girl. How I love her.

I think this one is Mckenna and me holding Alivia.

Alivia and me. I love how she always portrays Alivia swaddled up. That's how she remembers her because Alivia loved to be wrapped up tight.

Alivia

Cooper Family  – (3:19 PM)  

she got the blue eyes right! Beautiful Heather. What a treasure to keep. Shows McKenna's big heart for her momma!

Love you
Laura

Jonalee  – (9:51 PM)  

Oh I love it. What precious memories.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP