Surrender

Yesterday Dave and I had a date night. I think it was the first time we have been out to dinner alone since last fall. I love being with my best friend!

I shared with him many things that I have been wrestling with. He listened well and brought good, yet sometimes hard truth where needed. Thanks, Dave, for reminding me of Psalm 84:11 last night, "No
good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly." Although hard, thanks for pointing out that not having a baby in my arms right now is, in the mystery of Providence, a part of God's plan to bring me good.

It seems that the Lord is causing me to surrender so many things to him lately - my desires, my will, my thoughts, my hopes, my dreams, my reasoning, my longings, my weaknesses, my future, my life.

This quote, from a friend's blog, sums it up well...

"How happy are they who can resign all to Him,
see His hand in every dispensation,
and believe that He chooses better for them
then they could possibly could for themselves!"
John Newton

emily anderson  – (2:59 PM)  

i just wanted to say that i have been touched, dramatically, by your blog.
it came up in my google reader, and i started reading and just couldn't stop. the faith that you show amidst your heartache is encouraging.

anyways, just wanted you to know that your words touched my heart.
blessings,
emily anderson
www.andersonfamilycrew.blogspot.com

Jeanie  – (11:02 PM)  

Heather-
You may not remember me, but I heard of your sweet baby girls passing through my friend, your sister-in-law, Charisa. I have wept and prayed and wept and prayed for you and your family these past few months. I just wanted you to know that you and your family are being lifted up in prayer by those whom you barely know. I also want you to know how deeply I respect you and have been ministered to by your faithful pursuit of the Lord in the midst of intense grief. You may not feel like it, but God is being glorified through you and those who you may not even know are being provoked to love the Savior more through how you and your family are walking through this incredibly difficult time. Your sweet Alivia's short life has touched so many, including myself, and although I have not met her on this earth, I can never forget her and the faith in God I have seen displayed in you and your family since her death. THANK YOU for your humble pursuit of God and for opening your life up on this blog for us to learn from you and to be able to pray for you. I respect you very much. My heart aches for you and I pray for you often. I found myself spending much time in Psalm 73 when my Mom passed away two years ago. I pray it encourages you too.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP