Sacrifice

We had a pretty quiet weekend around here. Most weekends are though. We had our neighbors, the Reynolds, over for dinner on Saturday night and then we went to their house tonight for the super bowl.

We went to church today and it was very good. There was much grace and we ended up staying afterwards for longer than we usually do. After church I came home, made lunch for the family and then cleaned up. I was so exhausted. I laid on the couch and was so discouraged for a number of reasons, mainly because I'm just so tired of being so tired. It seems like I can barely do anything these days and I'm wiped out. Dave was very gracious and just said simply, "it's ok to rest a lot on Sunday." And that's what I ended up doing. My mind was racing with all that I had to do, but I stayed on the couch for a good few hours, while the girls played around...I enjoyed listening to them. It was refreshing, but also a reminder of the toll this season is taking on my body. I am tired a lot.

While at church today, I was freshly made aware of the incredible sacrifice my Heavenly Father made for me. There was an evident theme today on the Fatherhood of God. At one point during worship I had this thought: "I would NEVER have chosen for my baby girl to die, never. But God chose and allowed His Son to die. He could have stopped it, but didn't. It was His plan, it was His idea." It's hard for me to wrap my fingers around such truth. Having experienced what it's like to lose a child, I just can't imagine all that the Father and Son went through. That is sacrifice...and He did it for a sinner like me...so that I could be His daughter, forgiven and free! Not only that, but I am reminded tonight as I think on this, that because of these truths, my Father completely understands the pain in my heart. He knows exactly what I am feeling and He is able to completely comfort me with the comfort He knows I need. And I can testify that I am experiencing this comfort, as hard as this trial is...and I'm grateful.

Diana  – (9:13 AM)  

Heather, I have been reading your blog. It is so inspiring. I can't imagine what you are feeling but I am so glad you are experiencing His grace. Thank you for your honesty in sharing all that you do...you don't know how much it helps others like me! You and Dave are in my prayers and your blog helps me pray better! Love, Diana

liqidimond  – (12:47 PM)  

Heath, Thanks for reminding me of God's love, I wasn't able to go to church yesterday b/c the kiddos are sick but your post made me grateful for His sacrifice.

Kelly C  – (4:51 PM)  

heather, this so affected me. thank you for sharing. continuing to pray for you...
much love,
kelly c

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP