Precious words

This morning after breakfast Mckenna and I had a little dialogue. Dave has been teaching her how to respond to momma's tears. She can get sad and fearful, I think, and so Dave is training her to be outward focused to serve me. So instead of her usual, "Mom, what's wrong?...why are you crying?", he is teaching her to say, "Momma, I love you" and to give me a big hug. So this morning, she said the following:

M: Mom, is our baby grown up? Is she bigger? I think she's growing, mom. Oh, I so want to see her mom...I miss her.
Me: When we go to heaven some day, we'll get to see her, sweetie (that was a gospel opportunity, but in my emotions I didn't get that far to share the hope we have of trusting in Jesus...next time!).
M: But I want to see her now, momma. I miss her.
Me: I know, momma does too. (The tears started to stream down my cheeks and she looked up at me...)
M: Mom, why are you cryin.....(but quickly cut it short, reached up to me, gave me a big hug, rested her head on my shoulder)...I love you, momma!!

Those were precious words that ministered to me in that moment.

kimberly  – (3:05 PM)  

hi, heather.

we don't know each other, but we have some mutual acquaintances, which is how i stumbled upon your blog. i'm so sorry to hear of all the grief you've been enduring the last couple months. please know that you'll be in my prayers.

kim

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP