Mckenna's understanding

I think Mckenna's understanding of death is deepening. Last night as I was putting her to bed, out of the blue, she said, "Mom, I'm so sad about Grammy. I never got to say good-bye and now she is dead." I see her connecting the dots and coming to understand that once someone we love dies, we will no longer see them in this life.

Today we again were in a conversation about Alivia. I am so grateful that it is starting to get easier for me to bring her up or have the girls bring her up to talk about. A month ago, I could not do this. Mckenna was again voicing how much she misses her and we talked about how she is with Jesus now. I told her that if we trust in Jesus and what He did for us we will be with her one day. She said simply, "I do love Jesus, mom! And I want to see Him now."

I love how the Lord is using all that has happened to us, as tragic as it is, for our good. He is using it to provide gospel opportunities with our children. And I know that Mckenna now has a deeper understanding of Jesus, who He is, what he is like and what He has done for us that she did not have before.

Jerusha  – (10:48 AM)  

So wonderful to hear how God is using this in her life. You all continue to be in our prayers.

Mike and Sarah  – (12:22 PM)  

Heather, do you see the grace? Just a few days ago you shared about a chance to share the Gospel with McKenna that you "missed" but here, in a similar situation, God gave you grace to share! God is faithful to continue to help you and you are faithful to see and seize the opportunities. You can anticipate more grace in the future - God doesn't run out, and he is equipping you to care for your family!
Love, Sarah T

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP