More baby steps

I write this post fully aware that over the next week I am probably going to take many steps backward. This time last month was very difficult. Nonetheless, we are making progress in resuming many simple activities of life:

*Cooking. Yes, I'm back in the kitchen whipping up meals again. Grace upon grace. And it just happens that my mom gave me the perfect gift for Valentine's day that now hangs above my sink. It's a sign/plaque that reads simply, "GRACE, it's amazing!" What a reminder to see numerous times a day.

*Running. I have started back exercising and going for runs. Elizabeth, you're the best. Thanks for being my running buddy!

*Schedule. We have resumed a more steady schedule. It still includes lots of movies for the girls, but I'm seeking to build more structure in our day...."seeking" is the key word! I have started to enjoy times with Mckenna after Selah goes down for nap. We have done some school, coloring, and simple activities. I love my big girl!

*Hawaii. Yes, you read it right. For those of you who know, we decided to go ahead and commit to going. Dave has a company "club" trip (reward for doing well the past 2 years) in about a month. Most of the trip is fully paid. We are extending it a few days and will need to pay for that portion. I'm trusting God for provision. After Alivia died, I did NOT want to go. I knew it was good for Dave to go and asked the Lord to help me and change my heart if we were supposed to go. Well, there was faith this week and our tickets are booked. We'll be going for a week the beginning of April. I would covet your prayers as this is a HUGE step for me and many areas I am anxious about. I will need an enormous amount of grace to get ready for the trip and...leave the girls.

Grace is indeed amazing! It continues to carry me day by day.

Rachel  – (8:35 AM)  

Heather, it is so encouraging to hear about the ways God is at work in your life and trials... supporting you and giving you Grace for each day. Thank you for pointing us to him by posting these things even when you may feel as if you take steps backwards the next week! Will pray for a wonderful trip to Hawaii for you and Dave and fresh Grace for each day.

C.  – (9:38 AM)  

I see so much grace in your life and it truly is AMAZING! You are a pleasing and precious daughter to our heavenly Father. Thank you for loving Him and trusting him with your steps. Be they baby steps, or huge steps (or a plane ride), they all point back to the provision and sustaining hand of the Lord. Love you!!!!
Charisa

I'm Kristen  – (1:25 PM)  

oh YAY!! I am SO glad you are going!

Heather, you are going to loooove it :D

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP