January 26

Alivia would have been 4 months old today. This is what I wrote in my journal earlier today:

"The Lord helped me through the weekend. Dad and Patti came up and we had a good time with them. Dad is doing some work on our basement. I was pretty exhausted by last night, but rested well. I had a dream the night before that I had triplets! 2 girls and a boy...wow!

Jenni had her baby on Friday. Jade Lydia Smith - 6 lbs. 7 oz. I love that size. Alivia was 6 lbs. 8 oz. when we brought her home.

Today Alivia would have been 4 months old. I have spent the day cleaning alone and there has been much grace. I have thought a lot about her as I dusted here and there, vacuumed the floors, and mopped - how big would she have been? What would she have looked like? What would I have been doing if she was still here? Would I be taking her to her 4 month check up? What percentile would have have fit into? I think she would have been on the smaller side than the other 2. I probably would not be cleaning this much of the house. How many times would I have fed her today? Would I be thinking about starting solids or would I wait another month or 2.

In many ways it all still seems so surreal. I only have cried 3 times today. I am sitting here now and the house is clean, a load of laundry almost done, the girls are napping and I am aware of grace upholding me. So many times today, as I went about my tasks, I thought about how the Lord was strengthening me. How dependent I am. And I am now grateful for this quiet moment to sit, read and rest."

Cara  – (7:31 PM)  

Still aching for you, Heather... and marveling at God's hand of grace on you.

Debbie  – (7:17 AM)  

Dear Heather,

I prayed often for you yesterday as I remembered it was Alivia's birthday. God so graciously answered. Thank you for sharing His grace.

Love,
-debbie

Cooper Family  – (7:46 AM)  

Wonderful Heather. Encouraging to hear of God's grace holding you up yesterday.

As I read this post, I thought of how John Piper says, "Sometimes, I find productivity restful for my soul".

I am thankful that you were able to rest in the Lord as you went about your tasks and grab a few quiet moments too.

I too ache for you and am praying for you.

I also thought of you as I read Isaiah 41:10 this morning:
Fear not, for I am with you,; do not be dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Encouraged to hear how God is being faithful to his promises to strengthen you.

Love you and miss you

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP