I shall yet praise Him

As I sat to pray today I was tempted, as I can be, to think that it is futile to ask for anything in this season because...well, it just seems to be a season of the Lord taking. The Lord will just continue to withhold. But I quickly was reminded that this is not true...I went down the list in my mind of all the ways the Lord has and is blessing us. Ways too numerous to count. I need to think on this more and make sure I am spending adequate time giving thanks and praising God for all His benefits in my life - for they are many. Then I read this quote from Spurgeon...

"If the furnace is hot, let your faith be strong. If the burden is heavy, let your patience endure. Acknowledge that He who lends has the right to reclaim. As you bless the giving, bless the taking.

There are times when the brightest-eyed Christians can hardly brush the tears away. Strong faith and joyous hope subside into a fear that is scarcely able to keep the spark of hope and faith alive. In times of gloom, when your soul is overwhelmed, grasp the promise and rejoice in the Lord...Reason until you come to the psalmist's conclusion, 'Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him' (Ps. 42:5).

If you can believe God in the midnight of your soul, then you have ten times more cause to rejoice than to sorrow. If you can lie humbly at Jesus' feet, there are more flowers than thorns ready to spring up in your path.

Companions in tribulations, do not give up to hopeless sorrow. Salute with thankfulness the angel of hope, for you shall yet praise Him." - Spurgeon

Mrs. Ellis  – (7:23 PM)  

Heather: As you continue to take those "baby steps" of Faith,with your eyes on Him,He will bless your obedient heart with strength for today, and hope for tommorow...earnestly praying for you.......Mary Jo

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP