It's warm by the fire

We have a wonderful wood stove in our living room. Our house can tend to be on the chilly side, so I love the fact that there is at least one place I can go where I can get warm. My desk and computer is in a corner of our family room, the total opposite end of the house from the wood stove. Last night, after sitting at the computer for awhile, my feet and hands were freezing. I went into the living room and sat in front of the fire, took time to think about the events of this week, and then thought, "it's so warm by the fire." At that point, I felt the Lord comfort me with the analogy that proceeded to come to mind. I started to think about all the fiery trials that are in our lives right now and how they are warming our hearts to the gospel and revealing more of the Lord to us. Fiery trials can be used to take a cold heart and make it warm...put yourself in front of the fire and you will get warm...sometimes even too warm, so that it's uncomfortable. But, the great promise of God is that we will not be burned or consumed. They will remove the dross and purify our hearts... and as I like to think, warm our hearts, by making them more tender toward the Lord and more willing to trust Him in all His ways, as mysterious as they may be. This is something that I can be grateful for. The Lord is doing a work in us, in me. He has us very near the the fire right now...even in it. Yes, it's uncomfortable, but I love how it is warming my heart to God's truths and revealing more of Himself to me through it.

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you...Fear not, for I am with you." Isaiah 43:2, 5

DC  – (8:56 PM)  

Fantastic, Love. Good thoughts.

Amy  – (9:31 PM)  

Thanks for taking the time to write this down! I'm praying you will continue to trust that God is for us!

Cooper Family  – (10:56 PM)  

Heather, this is excellent. Illumination from God to your trials. And helpful for all of us.
Thankful for you
Laura

Amy  – (8:40 AM)  

Beautiful, Heather.

Kelly C  – (8:59 AM)  

thank you for sharing this, heather. wonderful.

Debbie  – (2:52 PM)  

Heather this is a beautiful picture. Thank you for sharing it.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP