Continued storms

Just when I begin to hope that the wind will die down a bit and the storm will begin to clear, it seems to pick up and increase in intensity. I am sitting here listening to the song on my blog, "Bring the Rain." The Lord definitely has brought rain to our lives...we are being sustained, but these days have been the hardest of my life.

Adding to the grief of losing my grandmother, we got word tonight that Dave's grandmother (married to Dave's grandfather who passed away in December, right after Alivia) was diagnosed with lung cancer today. She was just recovering from surgery to remove cancer from her bladder, so it looks like it has spread. My heart is so very heavy tonight. My mind is racing with thoughts, fears, unknowns, etc. It's in these moments that I know I need truth...desperately. So, I am telling myself: "Yes, God is good. Yes, He is sovereign. Yes, He is in control of ALL things...and His ways and timing are perfect. Yes, He is the one orchestrating all these events, for our good and for His glory." If these be true, and I believe they are, than Jesus bring the rain. I trust He will continue to sustain me. May He be glorified through our lives and through these trials, as hard as they may be.

How I long for the day when, "He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore..." Rev. 21:4

tessa  – (11:21 PM)  

heather, i respect you more than i know how to say. God's grace is so clearly displayed in your life and it is stunningly beautiful to behold. thanks for simply stating truth. you spur me on.

i continue to pray for your family in the storms.

Karin  – (3:13 AM)  

we are so sorry to hear these news. We are praying for you!
/Daniel and Karin

Michelle  – (10:22 AM)  

I am so sorry to hear all your news. I am have been praying for you as I drive to work. God keeps bringing you to mind.
Much love~ Michelle

Jonalee  – (12:25 PM)  

again...so sorry about this news! Thanks for your continued example of clinging to the Lord during unimaginable trial. love you!

Jessica  – (12:43 PM)  

I read these verses this morning and you and your family came to mind:

"The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. And those who know Your name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you." Ps. 9:9-10

Praying for you.

Amy  – (1:26 PM)  

Mark and I are praying for you guys. Our hearts are heavy for you. Praying for strength for each moment.

Love you,
Amy

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP