Why I blog

I don't think I have ever blogged so consistently and frequently over the years since I started my blog...no not ever. I have often asked myself, "why am I doing this?"..."why take so much time to do something that is often hard and tedious?"

1. It serves me. I have tried to journal and remember all the wonderful things the Lord is doing in this season...but journaling is too hard for me right now. I'm not sure why, but it is. Blogging is easier. And I find that it helps me process my thoughts, and at the same time preach truth to myself...truth that I need to hear.
2. It encourages me. It is not uncommon for me to sit at my computer a number of times a day and go back and read posts of all the Lord is doing in and through this trial. Sometimes I am not sure how I wrote what I did or thought through something like I did...so it encourages me to see sustaining grace at work in my weak life right now.
3. To update others. It has been our desire, from the very beginning of this all, to have others in our lives and walk this road with us because we need them! I want everyone to know where I am, what my struggles are so they can be aware and be better informed.
4. So others can pray. To piggy back on #3, when others are specifically informed, I know they can more specifically pray for us. This seems so selfish, but it's the truth...we desperately need the prayers of others.
5. To hear from others. Although not many have, I love it when others "comment" on my blog. I love to hear from others...those I know and even those I don't know. So, please drop a note, if you'd like. I have been able to connect with some people I've never even met before and it has been a blessing to me.
6. To impart faith. It is in no way our desire to cause anyone to struggle or fear with thoughts of, "what if this or that happened to me?" Instead, we hope that our trial imparts faith that our good, sovereign and merciful Lord does indeed help in time of need. We are living testimonies that He not only helps, but helps abundantly..."The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." (Lam. 3:22-23). We are experiencing the grace that we have only ever heard others in great trials speak of. And we know it's real and felt. It is so true that there is not grace for your imagination. I could NEVER have imagined being able to walk through something like this and the truth is that I am not able, but my God is able to carry me through it...and He is. So, may this impart faith that whatever the Lord calls His children to walk through, He will sustain and help them.
7. To further the gospel. It is my prayer that the Lord will use this difficult time to draw hearts to Himself and that He will save souls. And for those who are believers already, it's my desire and prayer that this blog, as it has for me, will remind us of the gospel and how much we desperately need our Savior, and Him alone, each and every day of our lives.
8. Most importantly, for my girlies (and any future children the Lord would bless us with). This was and is one of the main reasons I started blogging so frequently. My mind is mush right now and I know that even just a year down the road, these initial days are going to be a blur to me. But I want something for my girls to read so they can see how our faithful Lord met their mama...how He sustained her, carried her, and made Himself real to her. I want this trial, as I wrote above, to further gospel purposes in their lives.

...this is why I blog.

ruthiesphotos  – (11:31 PM)  

I love you guys, and have cried for you many times in the past few months as I've read this and Kelly's blog, too. You invested so much in me, Heather, and I have not forgotten it.
Much love,
Ruthie

Laura  – (6:53 AM)  

I have been so blessed by reading your blog Heather. Though sometimes it's hard to see the pain that you are experiencing, there is so much of God's faithfulness evident in your words. Seeing how he is meeting you in the day to day, moment to moment stuff is so encouraging to my soul. There are many times I leave so encouraged, and that encouragement sticks with me all day.
Much love,
Laura

Jecholia  – (10:01 AM)  

I am glad you have a desire for people to comment, so i guess i should! Heather- Brian and I are praying for you. I cannot tell you and thank you enough for how you (and Kelly) have provoked us through your blog to cling to the Savior all the more. You truly encourage us. The Gospel is without a doubt, very real in your life. It is hard for us to understand what you are experiencing; but this blog helps us to know how to pray. Thank you for blogging.

Helen  – (11:34 AM)  

Excellent, dear friend. Thank YOU for blogging, for taking the time and energy to sit down and put into words some of what you are learning/feeling and most importantly, how the Lord is sustaining you. I want to be like you. I want to glean all I can from trials that the gospel may go forward and His church be strengthened. Thanks for including all of us and for your walk of faith. Thank you for fighting for joy and encouraging us all to do the same. May grace and peace be yours in ABUNDANCE!
love,
Helen

Amy  – (1:14 PM)  

Heather,

I am grateful for your posts. They give me a window into what the Lord is doing in your heart, and the amazing way that He is sustaining you. I don't think I've read a post where I'm not in tears, grieving, but also so aware of the beautiful work of the Spirit in you. As weak as you may feel, the strength of the Lord shines SO brightly through your words. I am humbled and provoked every time. Heather, you are a faithful servant of the King, and you bring Him so much honor through your life--the little choices that you make each day to keep walking--I know that He is pleased.

With love,
Amy

Karin  – (2:38 PM)  

Heather, I'm Daniel's wife, so I'm writing this from Sweden. I'm reading your blog ever since Daniel visited you last year. He has always talked so much about Dave and since he visited you I get to hear about your whole family, including Alivia when she arrived on earth. So I have never met you and Dave, but you are in my thoughts and prayers and I wanted you to know that. I was so happy to hear abour your little girl Alivia when she came, the same day as our son Noel, and I have cried many tears when I heard she left for heaven. It didn't feel fair and it isn't. I can see God is bearing you and I understand you have many over there who care for you in different ways. Your faith and passion for the gospel is so beautiful and that has been a blessing to me as well in my walk with the Lord. When you are tired, sad or don't have the strength to pray or to do anything remember that we are many who pray for you that moment - even people you still haven't met or even know about...
As a last note I want to tell you that your want of being thankful for God's grace, friends etc in this trial has made our family take time each dinner to tell each other what we are thankful for. That phrase "I'm thankful for" has helped me to get perspective over things in my life. I hope to meet you one day and if I get to heaven before I do I know I will meet Alivia.

Much love
Karin

Jeannie  – (3:14 PM)  

Hi Heather...since you said you like for folks to post comments I am glad to do so. I have been reading your blog over the past month+ and each time I do, I lift you and your sweet family up to the Lord. Though we don't interact too often, still I hope it is a comfort to know others are grieving with you and interceding on your behalf. If ever I can do any practical thing for you, I am home most days and would be glad to serve. It seems that so many are serving you all so well, but still, I wanted you to know that I am here to help if I can.

Grace and peace to you,
Jeannie Harvey

Mike and Sarah  – (3:54 PM)  

Oh Heather!
I am so glad you blog! It grows my faith to read of how you cling to your Savior, wrestle with truth, honestly share your struggles and express gratefulness through this trial. You put the Gospel on display in every post! And the posts are just an indication of the heart - you are honoring God in your heart, my friend. I feel like Mike and I hardly know how to serve you, but I continue to pray for you, and I am more aware of my Savior when I think of you and the way you are walking this out.
Much love - Sarah T

Jonalee  – (5:44 PM)  

Your words are beautiful to read. I am always so provoked and encouraged and grateful - because it does help me know how to better pray for you. Thank you for writing!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP