Splitting

A number of Dave's friends came over today to help him split wood. We had about 6 or 7 huge trees taken down on our property over the summer and Dave has not had the time to do it all himself. We recently had a wood stove insert put in our fireplace to utilize all this wood we have. But we first need to split it.

7 guys showed up this morning at 8am to serve us. I was, once again, simply amazed by the people who continue to serve us. I spent a good part of my morning looking out the window watching them, trying to process the fact that these guys were giving up half of their Saturday to come out in the freezing cold to labor for us...heroic servants! I significantly felt the care and grace of our Lord through them. Who would have ever thought that God would use the task of splitting wood to remind me that His grace is sufficient for all of our needs.

Thank you Bryan for the idea to do this and for organizing the day. Thank you Travis for helping organize, for arranging the pick up and rental of the splitter and giving of your time, once again, to serve us. Thank you Solomon (and Evan), Sam, Brandon, Mark, Gabe and Jamie for helping today. Thank you Kelly for lugging all the kids over to be with me this morning. I know you have had a very hard couple of weeks, with you and the kids being sick. Yet you have continued to serve me non-stop, constantly offering to do things, today being just an example. Mark and Kel, you continue to be my heros. They were both here with us last night until 11pm and then today again. Mark came (after just getting over being sick) and stayed until 4:30pm to help Dave get almost every log split.

All of you are amazing servants!

ploon  – (8:08 AM)  

There's was no other place I would rather have been. Love you!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP