Joe and Esther Lee

Our forever friends! Joe and Esther have proven themselves the most faithful of friends for the years we have known them, and particularly over the past number of weeks. I still remember the very day I met Esther and have some incredible memories of being her friend. I can honestly say that she has been one of the best and most loyal friends I have ever had.

From the very moment we started the grieving process, Joe and Esther have been by our side. They welcomed us into their home for almost 2 weeks, gave us their room to stay in, cared for us, cooked for us and ministered love toward us the entire time. Not only us, but they hosted all the people who came to see and spend time with us. Almost every night they sat with us, allowing us to process with them, counseling us and offering hope to our hearts...and when they could not be with us, they arranged and made sure someone was.

It would be impossible for me to share all the ways they so effectively and tirelessly cared for us, nor do I think I know. But let me tell you...they put in some serious hours, waking up early in the morning and staying up with us till late at night. To say that they were by our side for 2 whole weeks is no exaggeration...they were literally, "by our side."

It is late, I'm very tired and don't think I am doing an adequate job honoring these friends. Or maybe it's because there are not words to communicate the level of gratefulness we have for them.

Joe and Esther, it seems like a daunting task to effectively honor you. My mind is racing with all the ways you have cared for us and our family...I could write a book. But I hope, in some way, you feel the pleasure of our Lord because I do believe he is well pleased with you. Thank you for the countless...and I mean countless ways you have laid down your lives for us and the gospel. We love you so much!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP