Signs of life

Julie Purswell told me something a long time ago. Over the past few weeks I have been reminded of her words to me. And I have come to cherish the meaning of them more than ever before. She said to me, "messes are signs of life." How true that is. When the house is a mess, toys are everywhere, the floors are dirty and old, stale sandwiches are still lining the table hours after lunchtime, that truth is one, that if embraced, will bring perspective back to anyone's day.

I have come to appreciate messes, screams and all signs of life like never before. In fact, a number of days ago I noticed hand prints on my kitchen sliding glass door. In the past, it would have been common for me to grab for the cleaner and a rag to clean it off. However, it's now been over a week and every time I see them, I smile and am reminded of my little Selah Grace. I haven't yet been able to clean the window. Those signs of life are precious to me.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP