Rest

The Lord met me in numerous ways today. There was grace from above and I experienced a rest in my soul from many of my fears. I felt the prayers of others.

A few people sent me some quotes and scriptures that helped direct my focus on the Lord and away from the uncertainties all around me.

Some of the ways the Lord has proved faithful and sufficient over the last 24 hours:

*Joe and Esther Lee - they sat down with us for over 2 hours last night, talked, answered questions and drew us out. I went with my stomach in knots and my head spinning. I left in a place of peace and slept through the night.
*I woke up with a few emails in my inbox that were full of truth and helped me to rest in the Lord today.
*My mom - she has been staying overnight at our house. She has been taking the girls in the morning so Dave and I can get some extra sleep. On top of that, she has only been working 1/2 days lately so she can be with me in the mornings. Today she helped me clean a bit...
*Michelle DeCarlo came over and spent the entire day with me. She has come one day a week, bringing food to make lunch for everyone and just being here with me to serve in anyway she can. Today she helped me go through all my Christmas presents and begin wrapping them. That was a huge step for me.
*With the help of many others, I was able to throw a surprise birthday party for Dave tonight. Yesterday I wasn't sure how I was going to get things together for it...and I didn't even have much to do. But there was grace in abundance and Dave was surprised! It was so good to see him laugh and have fun with friends.

From Beside Still Waters:

Do Not Fear - Zephaniah 3:16

"What? Not even a little?"
"No, do not fear."
"Surely I may show some measure of fear?"
"No, do not fear."

Tie this knot tight around the throat of unbelief: "Do not fear." "Do not
fear" today. "Do not fear" tomorrow. "Do not fear" any day of your life.
When fear comes, drive it away and give it no space.

When the weather is rough, passengers on a ship can be comforted by the
captain's calm behavior. One simple-minded soul said, "I am sure there is
no cause to fear, for I heard the captain whistling." Surely if the captain
is at ease, the passengers can be at peace. If the Lord Jesus is at the
helm singing, do not fear. "Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him"
(Ps.37:7). "Be strong, do not fear! Behold, our God will come with
vengeance, with the recompense of God; He will come and save you"
(Is.35:4).

Carmen  – (2:27 AM)  

Dear One,
I have noticed so many of your entries refer to being tossed about by a storm on the ocean. I imagine how that would be physically (and you hint that this darkest storm has even slowed you physically), and that gives me a tiny hint of what that might be like emotionally or even spiritually....all this brings to my mind the many times Jesus dealt with wind and waves. I love how you are using the Master's technique of answering fear with the Word, and the Captain of your soul must surely be blessed at how you turn to Him to maintain the course, and I have peace in knowing that this Captain has experience in calming raging seas. We are praying for you all the time out here on the left coast. You are loved! My mom talked the other night about how she came to love you in a short amount of time, and how my grandpa admires you, too. Rest in truth, Heather. I pray you get some deep deep sleep soon.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP