Fear

Fear has always been a struggle for me, but as of late, the temptation has only increased. It's a daily battle for me. Today, especially, my mind has been going in all different directions, faced every moment with fears for today and fears of the future.

I look around and find my heart desperate for a break or way of escape from the hurt, fear, and anxiety I feel. Yet, I find nothing. Sleep is hard, eating has become a chore and my thoughts and memories seem to be an enemy. Every bit of life is a battle for joy right now.

Yet, even in the midst of all this confusion and pain I know there is a way of escape for my desperate soul. Although I may not "feel" it, the Lord and His Word are my shelter from the storm.

The following verse came to mind today and has served me:

Psalm 94:19
When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul.

A friend sent me some scriptures the other day on fear. These also have helped me turn my gaze from all going around me to the One who knows my weak heart and has promised to help.

Psalm 34: 4
I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed.

Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing so that by
the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.

Isaiah 12:2-4
Behold, God is my salvation. I will trust, and will not be afraid;
for the Lord God is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.
With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation.

Isaiah 26:3
You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you
because he trusts in you.

Isaiah 35: 4
Say to those who have an anxious heart,
'Be strong, fear not! Behold, your God
will come with vengeance, with the recompense of God.
He will come and save you.'

Isaiah 43: 1
But now says the Lord, he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name,
you are mine."


Lindsey Knott  – (3:10 PM)  

Heather...I prayed for you today. I can't begin to imagine this trail you are walking through. When I mention your name to Brian I am simply brought to tears. I know and trust that the Lord is RIGHT beside you crying the same tears you cry. He is good Heather and He is almighty. You will find strength for each day, one at a time.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP