An Anchor

I didn't post yesterday...it was a very hard day and grief seemed to sweep over me all too often. Life seemed very surreal. On a day when it seemed the whole world around me was carefree and for everyone celebration came so easy, it was a fight of faith to just hold my head up. But, I know that is ok....it's normal despite how incredibly hard it is. Yet, in the midst of it all, I was thankful - thankful for my Savior, thankful for grace and mercy, thankful for friends and family.

I read the following quote the other day, and took time to ponder this anchor that I have. The quote adequately describes my grief. I thought of a ship with it's anchor in the sea. Although the wind might seek to blow the ship and move it from it's place, the anchor holds it still. How grateful I am that I have an anchor for my soul...it's the hope my Savior has provided. He is holding me still amidst the wind of this trial that would seek to run me off course.

From Grief to Glory, pg. 56:

"Real grief is not easily comforted. It comes like ocean waves rushing up the sand, subsiding back, only to roll in again. These waves vary in size, frequency, and intensity. Some are small, lapping up around the feet. Others are stronger; they foam the water around you and cause you to stagger. Then there are the overwhelming waves with an undertow that can turn your world upside down and drag you out into the deep water. In times such as those, the mourner desperately needs an anchor. And, indeed, God has promised His people a blessing if they patiently endure. He has guaranteed the promise so that we might lay hold of the hope set before us. This hope is the anchor of the soul, and it is sure and steadfast (Heb. 6:19)."

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP