Redeeming the day for good

Selah woke up in the middle of the night and felt fairly warm, so I gave her some tylenol. She went back to sleep finally and woke up again 2 hours later for the day (5am). She was restless, fussy, yet sometimes lethargic, just wanted to be held and wouldn't really eat. She took a great morning nap. When she woke up, I tried out a brand new thermometer cause I couldn't find the one I usually use. I put it under her arm and it registered only around 99 or slightly below. I held off from giving her anymore meds. All day she was miserable. Again, after her afternoon nap, she felt warm to me and I took her temperature - 98.6 - perfect....but not really! After more crying, I finally did the old butt method and right away, it shot up to close to 103. I felt terrible!!! Oh well, the Lord used it all! It was a very sanctifying day and I threw my schedule out the window and just did the essentials. After another dose of good ole tylenol in the late afternoon, little Gracie was running around and even laughing a bit, and wanted to go outside.

Right now, we have clean clothes (somehow I did manage to get some laundry done), everyone is fed, and my soul is at peace...even though not much else got done today. So, I am going to bed tonight giving thanks to my Savior for the grace He provided today, even in the midst of my many sinful moments. It's days like today that make me aware, all the more, of how dependant I am....and just like Selah was very needy for Mama to hold her non-stop, so I am very needy for my Savior to hold me up and carry me in His arms with fresh mercy for each day.

Cara  – (8:19 AM)  

Amen, Heather. I know that this is where I am likely to be living for a while--limited in what I can accomplish by my good and sovereign God, and carried by Him through each day. Thanks for sharing about the mercy you experienced!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP