No Computer

They say that you don't realize how grateful you are for something, until you don't have it anymore. And I will add, how reliant you are! Very true. Yes, my computer has many issues and is, once again, at the computer doctor...and according to Dave, this will be the last time. Our warranty is up in a few months, so we took advantage of it and are getting it in working order to try to sell and then get another one.

That's why you have not heard from us in awhile or seen any pictures. I won't be able to upload them until I get my computer back (I'm on Dave's right now...and I forget PC's...keep messing up all the commands).

On another note, it's made me aware of how much I rely on my computer for internet..even simple things like looking up a phone number and my calendar, which has my schedule and recipes. But, on the other hand, I also realize how distrating my computer can be. Not having it has has given me the opportunity to do some other things around the house like painting a wall that I have been meaning to do for...well, too long! This past week, I had the idea of having one day a week when I would not use the computer at all, except for first thing in the morning and at night, like I am now. I see how it can be good for my schedule, allow me to give undistracted attention to things that I might not do otherwise and I see how it would also be good for my soul. It could help me evaluate if I am giving too much time to email, etc. and to evaluate if my computer time has become an idol.

Anyway, hopefully I'll be able to post some more soon again and get some pictures up.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP