Finishing up the letter "A"

This week Mckenna and I continued on the letter "A." She has gotten much better at writing the letter and can tell the uppercase and lowercase apart. We did a few fun crafts and yesterday made some applesauce together from the apples we picked last week. How I love the smell of fresh apples cooking on the stove! I have many fond memories of my mom making applesauce when I was growing up. Here is her very easy recipe:

APPLESAUCE

It's best to choose apples that are more of the sweeter side.
Cut up apples to fill a pot of choice. Boil until very soft. Drain.
If the colander you use has large holes, set it in a bowl and pound the apples with a meat hammer or potato masher. This should push the apple flesh through the holes, leaving the skin.
If you find that this doesn't work and your colander holes are not big enough (as in my case), I pulled out my food processor and put the apples in, even with the skin. You might want to add a tad bit of water.
Add cinnamon to taste and enjoy!






Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP