Learning the purpose of a schedule

Starting about 2 weeks ago, I started myself and the girls on a stricter schedule than we have had in the past. I went away for the day and came up with up with what each day of the week would look like in an "effort" to align my days to the priorities I believe God has called me to. This part took much longer than I anticipated, but once in place and Dave had gone over it, I sought to put it into practice.

So far, it has gone very well, actually much better than I had anticipated. However, I am learning that the purpose of this schedule is to serve my family and me, not for me to serve the schedule. For instance, just yesterday an unexpected meeting came up in the evening that Dave wanted us to attend. Instead of cleaning bathrooms, which was on the schedule, I needed to prepare some food for the meeting. This morning I had a brief moment of thinking, "ugg, the bathrooms never got cleaned." It was more of a complaining heart than it was a grateful one for being able to do what we did last night and be with friends. I reminded myself what Dave has often told me..."the bathrooms will always be there." So, the schedule was not kept to a "T" ...in fact, it rarely is! I often am tweaking it and adjusting it to best serve my family. So, instead of complaining because I don't get things done, usually the things I want to do, I need to be grateful for God's plan for each of my days...that can often look very different from what I desire. But, as a friend recently told me, interruptions are God's interventions in our day and, I might add, our schedules. That's truth I must seek to remember!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP