Our Christmas

Whew, it's been a fast and yet wonderful past 2 weeks. I can't believe its been that long since I posted last. No, we haven't disappeared, just a little sick and then playing catch up with everything to do to get ready for Christmas. At a time of year when there is so much to post about, unfortunately we haven't been posting.

After being sick for over a week, I finally decided to go to the doctor (actually the ER since I couldn't find a doctor with a single opening!). Found out I had a sinus infection, but after being on antibiotics for a few days I felt so much better.

Even with not feeling so well, we still managed to have some neighbors over for dinner. We went with them to see a light display at Brookside Garden. Highly recommend that! Our friends came bearing sweet gifts. Selah thoroughly enjoyed opening up her gift as you can tell!

Then last weekend, my Dad and Patti came to celebrate Christmas with us. What a great time we had! The first night we celebrated Dad's birthday, which was on the 14th.

Mckenna must love having Pop-pop read to her because she was always bringing him books to have him read. It was so cute!


Then on Saturday we opened Christmas presents. They lavished everyone with generous gifts. The kids were busy all day trying out their new toys.

They left Saturday night and I was in bed by 8:30! Sunday we went to service in the morning and then celebrated Christmas with the Castro side. We had dinner and then went to the Christmas Eve service together. Then it was back to our place for dessert and presents. Here are the girls in their Christmas outfits. I think mommy had more fun dressing them up than they did matching each other. I don't even think Mckenna noticed! Oh well.

Christmas day we stayed home for the morning. We had a nice breakfast and Dave read and acted out the Christmas story with Mckenna's nesting doll nativity set. That was fun...he did a great job! After that was presents! (more presents). Mckenna is going to go through present withdrawal come January.




We left around noon for moms and spent the rest of the day there eating, eating some more and opening yet more presents.



...and, of course, taking turns doing damage control duty with Ty (boy, is he a handful!!!). Next year we'll be doing the same thing, but with Selah Grace ;o).

Amidst all the craziness of baking, wrapping, and family gatherings, I tried to pause at times and reflect on why I was doing all those things. I am currently reading through the gospels and it just happened that on Christmas Eve and Christmas day I was in Luke 1 and 2...perfect! I was filled with fresh gratefulness for my Savior. I'll end with a quote that I had posted up above my sink the last week before Christmas. It was a great reminder:

"Christmas then is not the season to be jolly, as if the other seasons are the opposite. But it is the reason to be joyful. Christ's coming to the earth, His perfect life and sacrificial death as a substitute for sinful people like us, is certainly a reason for joy to all who will come to Him by faith." - Jim Elliff

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous –   – (10:08 PM)  

Wow not that I get to see it often though Uncle Pete smiling, that in itself is a treasure.

What a blessing to see those smiles, I am in awe. You have a beautiful family Heather.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP