4 years

This past week marked 4 years since Alivia entered our lives. Amazing to consider that she would have been 4 years old. She graced our lives with joy and wonder for the few short weeks we had her.

We celebrated her life this past Tuesday, September 26. It was very hard for me to be so far away from my friends and family in Maryland and from the cemetery we buried her little body. I loved going to that quiet, peaceful place, bringing my girls to see, crying some tears, and remembering her life. This year I wasn't able to do that.

However, I was completely overwhelmed and surprised that my sister and so many friends made it possible for me to be there. You can see how here. I get choked up just writing this. Every year I am utterly amazed at how many people remember with us and care so deeply. This year was no different. In fact, I was even more amazed this year. As the saying goes, "out of sight, out of mind." We're gone from Maryland now and it has been 4 years. That's a long time. I would expect her to just be a vague memory for most. But so many friends have made it a point to remember each year and for that we could not be more grateful. We received flowers from dear friends in MD, emails and texts. My sister sent a gift...a picture of Alivia in a frame that says, "cherish." My mom came home on Monday with beautiful flowers.

One of my new friends here showed up at my doorstep on Tuesday morning with pink roses in a pink vase. She stayed for awhile just to be with me. So kind.

Dave took a half day and took us all out to pizza and then ice cream. After that we went to a park that had an amazing play set and a small creek running in the back. The girls had a blast. It was the most beautiful day. In the evening, Dave and I got to go out to coffee at Starbucks and I enjoyed my favorite fall drink, Pumpkin Spiced Latte.











Jonalee  – (9:40 PM)  

Kelly is such a good sister. What a neat way to remember Alivia with you!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP