Our week

This past week ended up being very different than I would have thought just a few weeks ago. The plan was for Selah to go to my dad's for the week with Ty, while Mckenna participated in a horse camp. and I was going to get a lot done...or so I thought! I had a whole list of things I wanted to accomplish and tackle, many in preparation for upcoming baby's arrival and also things that I can't get done because of homeschooling most days. Obviously the Lord had other plans for me. A number of unexpected events turned the week into a roller coaster ride of emotions and happenings. Every single evening except one was full of meetings and long talks. Some bed times were well after 2am and up early the next morning. I am, once again, in a place of not understanding much, but grateful to know the One who holds it all in His hand and is sovereign over all.


In between driving Mckenna to camp (thanks, mom, for all the help with this!) and trying to keep Addie occupied and happy (she is not a happy baby without her sisters!), I was also getting things ready for the fair. Mckenna and I both entered some pictures and the girls also entered in some artwork and crafts. Mckenna wanted to enter some sugar cookies too, so somehow we managed a batch of those as well. With all the happenings of this week, I kept asking myself, "why am I doing this????" But the girls love it and it makes a memory. Next week we'll go and see how we made out. I have a feeling not as great as last year and I've been trying to prepare the girls that we don't always win!

Here are some shots of Mckenna baking her cookies...



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My little baker with confectionary sugar on her nose...and a few funny faces.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A.P.  – (1:05 PM)  

cannot believe how big she is getting, a young lady indeed! miss you guys :)

Jecholia  – (10:34 AM)  

Mckenna- your cookies were delicious! I ate way too many of them :) I even gave a little crumb to molly. She loved it!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP