Update {and a good read}

I only have a few moments before I need to hit the sack. I've had to be very disciplined lately to get to bed fairly soon after I get the girls tucked in. That's mainly so that I have the energy to go strong and hard the next day especially since I'm starting to feel big and pregnant and very tired. I just asked my sister the other day, "where's that high energy 2nd trimester rush I'm supposed to get???" And that's why it's, once again, been quiet on the blog.


Dave has been gone at least part of the last 7 out of 8 weeks on business trips. Work continues to be tough and demanding for him and requires a lot of his time and energy. Which obviously means more is required of me around here, and I have less time to do some of the things I used to in the evenings. But those things can wait and I'm grateful for the things the Lord is showing me in this season.

On top of that, my mom just had major surgery last Wed. She had a total knee replacement and apparently its one of the most painful surgeries you can have. It's been very tough on her and it's hard to see her in so much pain. But she's home now and is very grateful for that! But it's been extra busy around here.

I was motivated to put a quick post up because of an article a friend sent me today that made me both laugh and cry. Along with that and a quote that I received last week, I know the Lord is encouraging and teaching me in the area of parenting. One of my struggles lately (err...the past 2 1/2 years) is in this arena of mothering. Going from one trial to the next and now with Dave gone so much and needing to work a lot of weekends, it can be a temptation to think that we are not doing as much of this or that with the girls that I think we should. I can look at other families and compare their efforts with my exhausted ones lately. I can't seem to fit into one day what I want to with them and sometimes wonder if they even know any more stories in the Bible besides, Jesus died on the Cross! Anyway, with that constantly in the back of my mind, I found myself reading this article, by Kevin DeYoung, that greatly encouraged me. I laughed through most of it and cried at the end. For those of you who are also walking through a tough season and feeling inadequate lately in this area, I hope this encourages you as well. And here is the great quote I also referred to as well:

"As my children see me in the deep waters of life, being tested to my core and still holding on to my Lord and choosing to believe the best, this observation will prepare them for their own trials, which will surely come. They will know that He will guide and forgive them as they lead an imperfect but devoted life before a loving Father who has always met their mother's needs!"
(Sally Clarkson, The Mission of Motherhood.)




megan haughery  – (7:21 PM)  

thanks for sending me this last week, and posting again. i need this reminder often!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP