Easter reminder

I came downstairs early this morning to a card and my favorite candy sitting on the counter, left by my wonderful husband. The past few weeks and months have had their challenges for us and I have felt weary often. This card spoke such wonderful reminders to me, and along with the rich worship at church this morning, I felt refreshed by the gospel truths today. Here are a few lines which Dave wrote:


"He is risen! Such good news for all of us. We truly need a risen, triumphant and grace dispensing Savior King.

Grateful today that He is risen because we are no longer dead in our sins but have been made alive together with Him, and hope is not going to disappoint us. Hope for sins power to be powerless, hope for Christ's righteousness to clothe us, hope for His living and active Word which we believe to penetrate and make our daughters new creations, hope that one day anxious toil will cease, there will be no more sin, pain, or suffering; all wrongs will be made right, all things will be made new 'and the joy we share as we tarry there, none other has ever known.' "

When I have been at my lowest points over the last few years, facing the storms of life, it is ALWAYS and only the gospel and rich truths of the Word which restore and strengthen my weak heart. How often I turn to and look to other things to bring rest to my soul, but it's always futile. I'm grateful for Easter today, which has reminded me of our Risen Savior and the hope that He has secured for us, even amidst the fierce storms in life.

Helen  – (1:26 PM)  

What a beautiful reminder from a thoughtful and kind husband. Thank you for your example of running to Jesus for help and strength. Love you.
Helen

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP