Hearts at rest

"I would like to say that my heart is at rest, but I can't.

I would like to think that I always rest in God's care, but I don't.
I would love to declare that my faith is unwavering, but it isn't.
I wish it was a fact that fear is a thing of my past, but it simply isn't.
It would be nice to know that trust's struggle is over, but it isn't.
I wish I never wanted to be my own sovereign, but I do.
I want to have unbroken rest in the hand of God's love, but I don't.
I long to face difficulty without question or doubt, but I don't.
I do not want to re-question my Father's love, but I do.
I wish I never questioned the Lord's good plan, but I do.
The struggle is better than it once was, but not done.
My rest is more consistent that it used to be, but not complete.
My heart enjoys a greater ease than in earlier days of faith, but unrest comes.
I have lived with You and seen Your care, but questions come.
I have seen You do what I could not have conceived, but still doubt.
I have been in awe of the provisions of Your grace, but anxiety comes.
I have submitted myself to Your will and way, but still rebel.
So with rest in your forgiveness and confidence in Your power, I come.
With a needy heart that craves Your help, I pray:
'Help me, Father, today to let go of my need to always understand.
Enable me to live in rest when I don't know before what will happen.
Help me to have a restful heart when opposition is great, and all is You.' "
-Paul David Tripp

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP