Happy New Year!...and a great message

We had a great *after Christmas* week around here. It was our last week off from school, so I took advantage of it and we did a lot of purging old toys, organizing the play room, organizing some drawers and closets. The big girls were both sick for a few days, so we sat around and read books and laid low. We also had Dave's whole extended family over last night for a dinner and dessert party. So a big part of last week was getting ready for that - baking, cooking, and cleaning. A great annual tradition and it was so good to see everyone.

One morning last week I listened to this message, by Josh Harris, called Teach Us To Number Our Days, which he gave at our church on Dec. 26. We had missed the message. If you didn't hear it, it's a great message with some great truths to go into the new year with. Listen to it here.

The older I get the more I realize how short this life is...probably true for all of us. And especially after losing Alivia, I was struck with such a profound awareness of how temporal our days on earth are. In this new year, I want to grow more in numbering my days, and seeking to let go of the fleeting things for the sake of those that will last for eternity. I want to pray more, I want to read God's Word more, and through that, I hope to trust more.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP