Ouch!

Last week Addie took a bit of a fall...err, I dropped her. BUT, I was actually trying to protect her! As with everyone else in Maryland, we have been infested with the not so likeable stink bugs. Dave had just told me Wednesday evening that they do bite and it stings!

With the warm weather last week, they were out and flying everywhere. At one point on Thursday afternoon, we needed to go to the store and so I started to gather everyone up. I was carrying out Addie to the van, when I saw one flying right toward her in my arms. All I could think was, "Get her out of it's path, duck, do something!" In an effort to keep it from landing on her, I spun around, ducked and she went flying out of my arms on the driveway. I was about 2 feet above the ground, but it was a hard fall. I went running over to the Brewers in tears. Jen took her and we worked on calming her down. Dave and Jen thought she was ok. She was alert and perky after awhile, but a little later, Dave took her to the ER to get her checked out. I cried off and on this whole time, feeling like the worst mom ever! But the doctor said she was just fine and I could not have been happier when she and Dave returned home.

It was not until Saturday that I took a picture of her. She looked much better by then and the huge bump was just a bruise. I'm grateful she'll never remember it!

As for the stink bugs and my thoughts on them...that's a whole post in itself!


Photobucket

liqidimond  – (12:35 PM)  

oh heath... i just about cried just looking at her! poor girly! and mommy too :(.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP