2 years

Today marks two years since Alivia entered our lives. I awoke this morning, with vivid memories of being in labor with her and the joy of meeting her for the first time.

So many thoughts filled my mind today. At one point, I was pondering how merciful the Lord has been to us, in giving us another little girlie so quickly. Although she in no way replaces Alivia or takes the pain away, she has been an immense source of joy and her cheerful, easy, and affectionate personality is just what our family has needed in this season. The Lord has carried us and sustained us as we have walked through this most challenging trial of our lives and also the numerous other trials that have accompanied it.

I read something recently by John Piper that I love. He writes, "The deepest need that you and I have in weakness and adversity is not quick relief, but the well-grounded confidence that what is happening to us is part of the greatest purpose of God in the universe - the glorification of the grace and power of his Son - the grace and power that bore him to the cross and kept him there until the work of love was done. That's what God is building into our lives."

We have known anything, but quick relief in this trial and the others since, although that is often what I have desired. However, His grace has become more glorious to us and the Cross more magnificent in our eyes. He continues to do a great work in us.


The pain still stings greatly. And as I visited the cemetery today, tears flowed. It's often surreal, the fact that I have walked through losing a child. But it's also a comforting thought to know that one of my babies already knows the wonders of heaven...the place I long to be!

Thanks to all of you who have remembered with us today, and to everyone who continues to carry us on your hearts through your prayers. We are so grateful.


Photobucket

Lola  – (10:08 PM)  

She's in our hearts as well as Heaven.

Will and Sena  – (10:52 PM)  

Heather, I have been so touched by your comments of comforting words on our blog. I am so grateful! I, likewise, am praying for you today - as I have so many days. That you would feel comfort from our loving Father, and peace that passes understanding.

I am longing for heaven with you!
~~Sena

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP