Ribbons!

Photobucket

And quite a few of them. For a few amateurs who weren't really sure what we were doing, we ended up having a fairly successful year at the fair. I was so very excited when we walked into the art building and found Mckenna's blue ribbons. I was practically jumping up and down!! She, however, needed to be convinced. She wanted the big fluffy purple ribbon (which is understandable - it's pretty and represents the best of the best). But after trying to tell her that the blue ribbon means she did VERY good, she then didn't understand why she couldn't have a pink ribbon (6th place). The girl is all about what it looks like and if it's her favorite color. Blue just wasn't cutting it!

Anyway, all her work did excellent. She received 2 blue first place ribbons, 2 second place ribbons, 1 third place ribbon, 1 fourth place ribbon and 1 honorable mention. Not bad, considering she was competing with other kids up to 12 years old. I was one proud momma!

I got a few ribbons myself - 1 blue first place, 1 third, 1 fourth, 2 fifth and 1 sixth.

I'll post later the exact pictures that won! On the baking side of things, we did ok. Mckenna got honorable mention for her sour cream fudge cake, I got a fifth place for my peach pound cake and sixth for my canned applesauce.

This post was for you, Carmen! :)

Lola  – (1:50 AM)  

Oh hurrah!!!!!! I am sooo happy and blessed and rejoicing and laughing about Mckenna's scorn of the blue ribbon!! So happy I don't have to cry. :-)

Now I will tell you that I entered a collection of rubber ducks. That's right--collected by my students one year. We won a red ribbon, the blue going (and rightfully so) to the collection of sharpei paraphernalia.

In the future I will share with you the Legend of the Ducks (yes, there is a legend) that we put in the display case, but you must know that I do not have the ducks any longer, nor do I ever want to own another duck item as long as I live. The end. xoxox

C.  – (11:32 AM)  

Joe and I were practically jumping up and down when we saw and heard how well you guys did.

Can't wait for next year!!

We're so proud of you and Mckenna.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP