We're still around!

I only have a few moments, but wanted to do a brief update. The past week has had me a bit busy around here and I have not had much time for doing much, let alone posting or, yes, trying to motify my blog (that I was hoping would be done by now :).

Addie has battled with eczema and rashes since early on, but recently over the past few weeks, it has gotten progressively worse. She still seemed to be fairly content, but not so this past week. Around the middle of this month, after talking with a few moms who are experts with allergies, I decided to cut dairy and soy out of my diet. After a week of doing that, Adelyn almost seemed worse, so I also cut out eggs, most gluten, all nuts, citrus, and seafood. It's been a full-time job keeping up with eating and making sure I get enough calories on this limited diet and also caring for Addie's needs and my other girlies. Over this past week, her poopy diapers started to look more normal and the rashes on her head began to clear up, however, she then developed this awful rash all over her chin, neck and it slowly progressed down her torso. It was like tiny little bumpy blisters. She also would often have, what looked like hives all over her torso. I spend much time reading online looking for help. The dr. just said to put hydrocortisone cream on her, which I was only trying to use once a day. But it didn't seem to be helping much. Over the weekend, she was miserable and was waking up all throughout the night, sometimes every 20 minutes, just screaming, and the rash looked awful. I held her and cried with her, cause I didn't know what to do. Anyway, I continued with these special baths and starting using the creams more. My mom came to my rescue yesterday and stayed here all day, cooking for me (everything I can eat has to be cooked/prepared....the only "grab" food seems to be bananas for me) and caring for Addie so I could rest. I took a 3 hour nap!!! Today Adelyn is doing much better! I'm hoping she sleeps better as well.

I have an allergist appointment for her on May 6 and I'm praying that brings some wisdom to us. And I also need wisdom for my diet.

So, that's where we have been and what we've been up to the past number of days. I don't have any new pictures to share...in fact my camera has been collecting dust :(.

I am very grateful Dave is in town this week. That is a huge blessing. Would appreciate prayer for the Lord to bring wisdom and help me to have strength and energy to care for my family! Thanks to my sister as well...what an amazing gift she is. Kel, thanks for having Dad and Patti this week and for cooking for everyone. You are amazing!

eva  – (6:31 AM)  

Praying for you all Heather! May the Lord strengthen you and give you wisdom...

christy  – (8:28 AM)  

Mothers are wonderful! My mom has come to my rescue so many times, whipping my house into shape in record time. :) I'll be praying for you & Addie, and that God brings clarity for you all as to what is causing Addie so much trouble.

Cara  – (1:42 PM)  

Oh, Heather! So sorry to hear about your poor little girlie... praying!

Christina  – (1:58 AM)  

You poor thing! I will be praying for you. For some reason Sena Alexander comes to mind. I remember reading on her blog a while back about her baby getting, I think it was scabies???? This is probably not helpful if you know for sure that it is eczema, but I thought I'd mention it just on case. I think Tatum has a little eczema on the back of her head. The doc gave me a steroid ointment which I used twice but it seems to irritate her more. I have been using a fairly natural lotion I got from Target. I think the brand is California Baby. I think it's helping a little but she's still scratching. I'm off most dairy too....but my problem is nothing like yours. If I come across anything I'll let you know.

Christina  – (2:22 AM)  

One more thought that came to mind ( I don't have your email address, sorry!) When I was trying to figure out what to do for Tatums minor problem, I believe the Lord let me bump into a mom at Target who dealt with eczema stuff in her son for years. They did finally find out that he was allergic to soy. But I think they had to go beyond the normal skin prick test and had someone do some sort of blood test. I want to say that they had to go to a more holistic dr...anyways, she commented how soy is in everything even in things like kids vitamins and the coating on adult vitamins and in all sorts of lotions and creams too. That's why she pointed me to the brand of lotion I mentioned. I assume that you wash her clothes in stuff that won't irritate her skin...Sorry I am writing so much! Maybe something in all this will ring a bell??? I just really feel for you. I will pray for you all often!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP