Dave to the rescue

From minor to major (at least in my book) Dave has been coming up huge lately!

Rescue #1
Just last week, our power was flickering on and off and finally decided to stay off. Well, my Mac was not plugged in to a surge protector and got fried. Dave thinks it's probably totally gone. As I was contemplating what I was going to do without email, he came to the rescue with an old work computer. He set it up for me and in no time I was back online. Granted, I don't have any of my files, pictures or other software (and hoping I might be able to get those back), but at least I have email and internet. You probably won't see any pictures for awhile as Dave says this old computer can't handle anything extra on it.

Rescue #2
Almost all my spare time lately has been spent working on the nursery and preparing for our next little baby girl. So, after getting the bedding (that is a whole story I'll have to share sometime) and much deliberation I picked out a paint color for the nursery. I bought a gallon and got one whole coat on the walls, stood back, and decided it wasn't quite what I was hoping for. I went with green, but it was a little dull...wanted something a little more bright and cheery. Trying to get a pale green that is not minty, but not too sage-y, is...well, hard...for me at least. After giving it some time to grow on me, I decided to go back to the drawing board. Off to Home Depot I went with a few more swatches in hand. Only after buying that whole gallon did I discover that they now sell samples that you can get mixed in ANY color you want, for $2.94!!! Wish I had seen that before buying my whole gallon! So, I got 2 samples mixed and painted them side by side on the nursery wall. After a few days, we decided on one of those 2 colors. Back to Home Depot again to have gallon #2 made up. Having had the sample color matched (it was a Benjamin Moore color) I made the big mistake of not saving the sample container with the color code on it. No biggie I thought - I'll just have them color match it again. On Sunday afternoon, excited to finally be able to get the room all painted, I set about to do all the cutting in with the new color. After completing the whole room, I stepped back and realized, IT WAS A DIFFERENT SHADE of green!!! It would not have been so bad if it was similar or a nice shade, but it was BRIGHT green, almost had a fluorescent hue to it. I had even had the guy at Home Depot put a drop of it on the actual swatch and it looked perfect. But it wasn't! I sat down on our steps and almost cried! I didn't know what to do. I called Dave up and he conferred it was definitely different. I have to interject that Dave was in the midst of watching the Redskins game. We don't have cable, but he recently got a nice HD antenna that allows him to get a few channels. This is the first time in our seven years of marriage that he has been able to watch football on our TV...in other words, this is BIG deal! But without hesitating, he left watching the game to rescue me. He took the old gallon of green paint that I had originally used and the new one and set out to mix them. What did he come up with?? The perfect shade of green! I was amazed! Not too bright, not too dull...perfect! Before leaving to go to his sister's house for dinner that night, I was able to get part of the room cut in (for the 3rd time :). And last night I was
able to finally finish up. We are making progress! And the room is finally starting to look like a sweet little baby's room. It looks so much different than the last nursery looked, but I think that is a good thing.

And before I end I just want to thank my amazing husband for how well he has cared for and served me these past weeks (and months, I might add). The past number of weeks have had a number of challenges for me. Sacrificial service and looking out for my needs and desires has characterized his actions. Sunday was just an example - giving up watching the game to serve me! I am regularly amazed and reminded of how undeserving I am to have been blessed with such an incredible man. Love you, Dave!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP