That rose was His...

I have heard this quote a few times in the past. But it was very timely this morning as my mind has often been on the events of last September, when little Alivia was born.

The other day I was cleaning out a cabinet and found 2 little newborn diapers in the way back...they were Alivia's and it seems like just yesterday I was using them. And yesterday afternoon I heard a baby cry that almost sent me running. It sounded just like her. Then I happened upon some pictures on my computer of our last year's trip to the pumpkin patch. She was just a few weeks old and I so clearly remember walking around with her in her baby pouch. It doesn't seem like almost a year since she was born, and yet so much has changed and taken place in this one year. The emotions, the ache in my heart and the memories are still so fresh. I'm learning that's just how it will probably be for awhile, particularly this time of year.

Tears flow now as she is still so dear, so near and so loved in my heart. So, this quote was refreshing and encouraging as I came across it while reading in Beside Still Waters this morning. I know it was the Lord's doing that sent her to Him. And as much as it pains my heart, I am so grateful for the time He gave her to us, even if just 5 short weeks, to care for her and love her. Those are 5 precious weeks I will never forget. What a gift she was to us.

Lest You Sorrow. 1 Thessalonians 4:13

"Suppose that you are a professional gardener, responsible for a garden that is not yours. you take great care of several prize rose bushes. You fertilize, water, prune, and train them. Now that they are blooming in great beauty, you take considerable pride in them.

One morning you come into the garden and find that the best rose has been taken. You are angry and accuse your fellow workers of taking it. They declare their innocences, saying that they had nothing to do with it. But one says, 'I saw the master walking here this morning. I think he took it.'

Is the gardener still angry? No, he immediately says, 'I am pleased that my rose's beauty attracted the master's attention. That rose was his, and he has taken it. Let him do what seems good.'

It is the same with your loved ones. They did not die by chance. The grave is not filled by accident. People die according to God's will. Your child is gone, but the Master took her. Your husband is gone, but the Master took him. Your wife is buried, but the Master took her. Thank God that He let you have pleasure of caring and tending for them while they were here. Thank Him that as He gave, He Himself has taken.

If you believe in providence, you may grieve, 'but I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus' (1 Thess. 4:13-14). - Spurgeon

Lola  – (4:15 PM)  

I love it when the Truth is expressed so beautifully. We will enjoy all the roses by and by--

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP