Selah's Birthday

It's only taken me a couple of weeks to post this, but I wanted to recap some of the memorable events that took place for Selah's birthday. On her actual birthday, June 3rd, we took her to Krispy Kreme for breakfast. Dave came with us, since he works very close, and we all got to be together (I forgot my camera, so don't have any pictures of this). One cute thing that happened while there is worth mentioning...

As we walked in, an older gentleman came in behind us. He was smitten with the girls. He kept commenting about them and was engaging them in conversation. The girls were all too happy to announce Selah's birthday to him! We found out he was a grandfather of a good number of grandchildren. Once we sat down with our donuts, he kept waving at them from across the room. He was sitting, enjoying his morning paper with coffee and donut. As we got up to leave, and headed toward to door, Dave asked them if they could say good-bye to the nice man. The girls turned to wave and then Selah, as is often her tradition, yelled out, "hug, kiss!" She ran over wrapped her arms around his neck and gave him a little kiss on his cheek. The kind man was so blessed and said, "I have tears in my eyes!" It was quite cute. We love Selah's affection for others.

That evening, Selah got to have her pick for dinner. And it was hot dogs, mac and cheese, and strawberries...typical kid's delight!


The strawberries were my favorite - they were so sweet.



After dinner, Selah opened her presents. By far, her favorite were the green froggy rain boots that she received. Mckenna has a pair of yellow ones, and the girls were always prone to argue over who got to wear them. Of course, they were huge on Selah and she wattled around in them. Anyway, now she has her own and both girls still love wearing them around. It could be a bright sunny day and you'll find the girls outside, up to their knees in rain boots!



On the Friday after her birthday, we had a small family party for her. Dave's parents, my mom and the Plunneckes attended, and that was enough to thrill her! She ran around with the boys and had a great time! Prior to Selah's party, if you asked her anything about her birthday, she would tell you that she wanted a pink butterfly cake. In fact, that is all she would say she wanted! So, of course, I tackled the making of this special cake. My mom had a cut-up cake book that had to be from the 60's that she let me borrow. I remember her making a cake for me when I was little from this book. All that to say, it turned out out fairly well and Selah loved her pink butterfly cake!





After cake, she opened a few presents. Both my mom and Dave's parents gave Selah "singing" princess cards. You open up the card and it plays a princess song. When Selah opened up the first one, she got the cutest grin on her face. Someone loved their gift and a picture says a thousand words...


I still can't believe my Selah Grace is 3 years old. She is such a delight to this family and we are continually giving thanks to God for her!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP