Hawaii, Part I

I am so enjoying being home. However, my body is quite confused! While there, I would be exhausted by early evening, but then couldn't sleep past 5 or 6 in the morning. Back home, I'm exhausted in the morning and can't get to sleep until 1 or 2am at night. Oh well!

Anyway, I don't think it was until I was home for a few days that I realized how much this trip really served me. I feel amazingly refreshed with fresh motivation for life, serving, and simply doing the daily things the Lord has called me to. I'm giving thanks to the Lord for this.

So far this week, I have been on "spring catch-up" mode. I find my mind going a mile a minute with all the things I want to do to get ready for spring and summer. More on that in another post. I'm still waiting for the warm weather to come and stay. I just love to open up my windows and let the fresh air in!

Back to Hawaii. It was breathtaking and my pictures don't do it much justice. The weather was perfect, mostly in the upper 70's, which was sometimes a little chilly for the water, but no humidity!

With my slow computer, it will take me awhile to sort through my pictures. Here are some of our first 2 days there.

We had the most amazing views from our hotel window. Our balcony looked out over this...


and this.


The views along the beach were amazing. The water was the clearest and bluest I have ever seen. I took a little walk the first day and got these shots...I love this little beach hut.


The black rock you see here along the beach is actually lava rock, and it's all over the place. Actually on the side of the Big Island we stayed on, it was mostly desert like, flat ground with this black lava rock all over.






On Sunday morning, we went to Starbucks and these little birds came right up to Dave and ate out of his hand!


Dave, enjoying his Starbuck's coffee and pastry. yummm!


The flowers were gorgeous...and I wish I had taken more pictures of them. But then again, none of my pictures do this place any justice.


Check out these Koi! They were in a little pond by the Starbucks...and they were HUGE!



This is Daniel Norwood snorkeling! Dave has a number of friends from our church (and our sister church in CA) who work for Quest, his company. And many of them got to go on this trip as well. We had a blast hanging out with friends from home and catching up with Daniel and Christina Norwood, friends who moved to CA and I have not seen in a very long time. Christina, thanks for all the long chats you shared with me...thanks for caring and listening so well. I was incredibly blessed by your care and questions.



Danny and Reema Sutton


The gang, minus Danny, who was taking the picture and Daniel (who was probably busy snorkeling, wind surfing, paddle surfing or doing whatever he could find to do!)

A.P.  – (10:46 AM)  

these pics look gorgeous, heather, I'm so glad you had a chance to go out there for what sounds like a rejuvenating time... seeing pics makes me miss you guys!

Mike and Sarah  – (1:13 PM)  

Heather, what an answer to prayer that this was a refreshing time away for you! And I can't believe how quickly you posted your pictures! You put me to shame! =)

Mrs. Ellis  – (6:17 PM)  

Looks like a little touch of Heaven

Jonalee  – (6:01 PM)  

I'm so glad you had such a relaxing time!! And I totally hear what you are saying - pictures just don't do it justice.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP