No more tears

It's been a fairly common practice for me, having lost so much over the last number of months, to think much of, dream more of and long harder for heaven. I was reading today in Randy Alcorn's book about the new Heaven and the new Earth. It made me swell with anticipation and for a brief few moments my heart felt light. It has been one of those weeks when I feel like I have been carrying the weight of the world and more on my shoulders. It seems like it doesn't take much these days for my heart to be heavy with anxiety. But as I pondered on heaven, I seemed to gain new perspective.

As I was reading, I happened upon Revelation 21:1-4, reminding us that in the new Earth, there will be no more crying. I stopped and thought about that for awhile. I couldn't seem to imagine what that would be like. All the emotion, all of the hurt and pain, every unsettling thought that so often causes my tears to fall...will be NO MORE! I won't have to fight the memories, the fears, the sin. It will be NO MORE. I can't quite seem to imagine, but how I long for it. How amazingly wonderful it will be. It seems so distant right now, so unreal, so foreign. But this is where faith upholds me and reminds me of the truth that is rooted deep in my heart...yes, it's real and one day I will experience the goodness of it. And it couldn't come too soon!

Mrs. Ellis  – (9:40 AM)  

"God has set Eternity in our hearts"( Ecl) It is so precious to see how God is doing a deep work in your heart. I think the older I get, the more I anticipate what God has in store for us in Eternity. Praying for you...

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP