Pause button

Through this season I have gained such a greater appreciation for Mckenna and Selah. I have so enjoyed them over the past few months and they have been a great source of joy and laughter for me.

I have to admit that my girlies have been watching a lot of movies these days. More than I would like, but probably not more than necessary, if that makes sense. It's sad to say, but true that they watch more than I even read to them. So, the following conversation I had with Selah earlier today will give you a window into this. I was reading a book to them on the couch today and Selah decided that she wanted to get down and find her sippy cup:

S: "Don't start, mom!"
Me: "Don't worry, Selah, I'll wait for you."
She proceeded to say that to me that over and over again as she walked down the hallway. Right before she disappears around the corner, she put her hand out to me and loudly says:
"Put the pause button on, mom!"

I laughed.

Laura  – (7:33 AM)  

Out of the mouth of babes... :) Your girls are so precious! I'm sure the laughter they provide is such a gift right now!

ploon  – (7:59 AM)  

I love that girl!

C.  – (9:27 AM)  

Hahaha! Did Dave tell you aboug the "change the channel" incident? This story of Selah reminded me of a when Dave and I were little. We were reading a book at the dentist office and he told me to "change the channel" instead of "turn the page". (Love the picture of your pumpkin!)

DC  – (7:52 PM)  

Ha! Yes, I remember that. We were watching so much TV while Mom and Dad weren't looking that my vocabulary was TV terminology. Funny stuff

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP